Thursday, July 26, 2007

Leaving Washington

Well in trying to figure out a Plan B if Ron does not get the job with the Shipyard here in Bremerton, WA we have decided we will have to move, leave WA.... This makes me so sad, because all of my family is here, this is where I grew up... My Dad was in the Navy and we moved everywhere... When I was 10 years old he retired and we moved out here to WA. I love it here, it is my first home... I love everything about it!! I tell people all the time that I live in the most beautiful place on earth.... Anyway, the cost of living here is so great... For Ron and I to buy a 3 bd 2 Ba home in Bremerton we are looking at $200,000.00 easily... If we move back to Seattle, that same place will be $400,000.00 or more. I so want to keep going to school, but here we would both have to work full time in order to pay all the bills... The job market on this side is bad... You can make 8 to 10 dollars an hour.. In Seattle you are looking at 14 to 20 dollars an hour.... But then who can afford to live in Seattle... Our last two bedroom in Seattle that we lived in (which was in the bad part of town) cost us $1000.00 a month....

So our plan is to move to Texas... Yes Texas... Being that I am the whitest white person you have ever met and fat, the heat and I just do not get along...LOL But most places have airconditoning...right...LOL I just burn really easily... But maybe I will lose weight there because I will be sweating so much...LOL My friend and her husband just moved back there w/ their 4 children! They moved to WA for a year, but the cost of living was just to much for them... SO after one year of struggling here, they went back to Waxahachie, TX..... I went on line and found homes there in Waxahachie for really good prices.. There was the cutest yellow house w/ a porch.. 4 bd 2 ba, 1600 sq ft for $80,000.00... And as far as computer jobs, we looked up jobs in Dallas and found 1250 jobs there... Verses the 50 in Seattle.... So it looks like if the Shipyard does not come through we are heading to Waxahachie, TX.

It is kind of exciting, but mostly it makes me sad.. I feel guilty for even thinking about leaving my family.... I feel selfish.. But Ron and I have to take care of us and support us.. My family can not afford to do it, nor should they have to... We will know at the end of July if Ron got the Job w/ the shipyard.... Life is so in the air right now... But I am doing my best to let go and let God.... It is just so hard because I am a control freak.... Well if you make it this far and can say a little prayer for us, that would be great... I think we could use all the prayers we can get....

3 comments:

Laura said...

NO NO NO!!! You CAN'T leave WA!! Who will I visit when DH and I go to Seattle!!?????

Well if you are planning on moving THAT far you might as well look at the Birmingham Alabama area!! Then I would DEFINATELY visit you!!

Barb said...

Oh man Erin, that is a dilema. I can imagine how tough it will be for you. I will say lots of prayers that Ron gets the shipyard job, so you can stay with your family.

NC is a great place to live too:)
Just a thought. I had to throw that in since Laura offered up Alabama.

Love & Prayers for you and Ron.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.